Top 10 Thank You Gift Ideas
Thank You Gift Ideas
. If you're wondering:
- What do I bring to a dinner party as a thank you?
- What should I send as a thank you for having me?
- What can I send to thank them for that great favor?
You've come to the right place.
Here are my Top 10 Thank You Gift Ideas. They're classy, practical, and they all say Thank You!
- Wine. Deliver it as-is or in a cute cloth bag or handled paper bag. Pick up a bottle from the grocery store on your way over. What's that, you showed up empty handed? It's not too late to say thank you: Have a bottle of wine delivered via Wine.com.
- Gift cards. Appropriate for a teacher, the babysitter, your boyfriend... really anyone. I like to give an Amazon.com gift certificate because anyone can find something they like there. Plus it's convenient-- you can email it to them or print it out and put it in a thank you card. Or pick up another type of gift card from the grocery store kiosk.
- Flowers. You really can't go wrong with them. Pick some up from your local florist or have thank-you flowers delivered. They're a classic choice and say whatever you need them to say.
I like to order from FTD.com. TIPS: 1) Go for tulips, roses, and orchids-- they're most likely to look the way they do on the website. 2) Avoid mixed bouquets-- they tend to have more substitutions.
- Coffee. Pick up a pound of really good coffee and put a bow on it. Or get a gift certificate so they can stop in for a morning treat. Starbucks is great but my favorite is Peet's. Send a lucky someone one of their Coffee Samplers.
- Magazine subscription. For as little as $8, it's a gift that says "thanks" every month!
Choose something relevant to the situation. For example, if you're thanking a babysitter, send her Teen Vogue, or if you're thanking a friend who loves to bake, send her a cooking magazine. There are hundreds of possibilities.
- Toys. If you're going to someone's house who has kids, bring a board game or stuffed animal. It's not exactly for your host but they'll appreciate it just the same.
- Popcorn. Whether you show up with it or send it after the fact, a great big tin of popcorn is always fun. I like ThePopcornFactory.com.
- Stationery or notepads. If you're able to personalize them, all the better. Stop by your local Target, Papyrus or Hallmark store.
- Gourmet Gift Baskets. You can send wine & cheese baskets, baked goods and more. Gourmet Gift Baskets has lots of great arrangements that say thank you in a big way.
- Something seasonal. Go to a local boutique or a TJ Maxx or Ross and you'll find lots of choices. Dish towels, candle holders, ornaments, or candles are all fun thank you gift ideas.
Return from Top 10 Thank You Gift Ideas to Home