Holiday Card Wording
Holiday Card Wording.
If you send out a stack of printed Christmas, Hanukkah, or holiday cards this year, include a personalized note on each one. It can be as simple as signing your name.
Just include something to show that the person you are writing to is more than another envelope to stuff.
If you're ambitious and want to include more than your signature, here are a few examples of holiday card wording:
- Happy holidays! Love, The Smiths
- Hope your holidays are happy! The Smiths
- Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!
- Looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, [first names of family members]
- Loved your card!
- Greetings from [state you live in if different from recepient's]
There's definitely nothing wrong with having a message printed on your card. Just factor in what you plan to handwrite so your printed message doesn't duplicate it.
On another note: I like to send out photo cards
because these days it's so easy to have them done online. But this year I noticed it's getting harder to choose a company because there are so darn many!
So in case you haven't yet decided where to get your online holiday photo cards, here are my favorite places:
- Minted. Their designs are original and gorgeous. My sister-in-law used them this year and her card is frame-worthy. See below for coupon code.
- Cardstore TONS of designs. Coupon code below.
- Tiny Prints Very elegant. I knew of them from their excellent baby announcements. Click below for coupon code.
- PearTree Greetings I like how you can filter their designs lots of ways, like show only contemporary, horizontal designs with room for 2 pictures.
- Costco. Who doesn't love Costco? Sorry I don't have a promo code for you but who needs one? 125 cards will run you $35!
By the way: Do you need to thank people for holiday cards? Not in my opinion. I mean if you see them or talk to them it's certainly nice to mention you received it, and ooh and ahh over how much the kids have grown.
But only my mother actually writes thank you notes for holiday cards. Here's the one I received today:
We loved your Season's Greetings (Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas) card with the beautiful picture of Tommy and Mike. How nice of each of you to sign it as well... plus include a 2011 calendar with Tommy and Mike's picture. Thank you so much!
We love you too!
xoxox Grandma and Papa
Return from Holiday Card Wording back Home